Re: unicode error on win32 Was: Re: pgmonitor - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tino Wildenhain
Subject Re: unicode error on win32 Was: Re: pgmonitor
Date
List pgsql-general
Am Montag, den 01.08.2005, 16:19 -0600 schrieb YL:
> i want to list non-system tables with psql and get the following error. any
> alternatives? Thanks.
>
> EPost-# \dt
> ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UNICODE": 0xed
>
> my database used UNICODE as the encoding. and the OS is win2k pro wich
> simplified chinese
> as default language.

Dont steal threads by just answering to an unrelated e-mail
from the list!

To your question: afaic the win32 port currently has some issues
with the right support of unicode. You may check your documentation.
Do you think its a good idea to actually name objects in the database
in a foreign encoding? I'd stick to english language names here because
it makes chatting about problems/hints much more easy on mailinglists.

--
Tino Wildenhain <tino@wildenhain.de>