Re: Constraint Exclusion (Partitioning) - Initial Review - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Constraint Exclusion (Partitioning) - Initial Review
List pgsql-patches
On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 01:41 +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> I enclose a fully working implementation of Constraint Exclusion, a very
> basic form of Partitioning. Initial review is requested, to allow us all
> to assess what further work is required on this prior to Beta freeze.
>
> Patch against current cvstip; passes make check and all special tests.

It has been pointed out to me that the patch has a minor, yet basic
error in the planning. This has now been corrected in this patch.

It appears that my midnight-patch submission was not such a good idea
after all. My full and sincere apologies to anybody that tried and
failed on that patch. To err is human...

I have also now filled the gap for when all relations are excluded,
mentioned as question 1 in my original post.

I have now re-tested the patch against cvstip...
The special tests files are unchanged.

Performance tests and comments welcome.

Best Regards, Simon Riggs

Attachment