Re: Problem with configure script in 7.3.2. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problem with configure script in 7.3.2.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"Regan, Kevin" <kregan@amazon.com> writes:
> It doesn't seem to find readline even though I have it installed on my Linu=
> x system.  In particular, it seems to be attempting to include <readline.h>=
>  rather than <readline/readline.h>.  In addition, it is not linking in the =
> -lcurses library.  It seems that these are both needed for the latest versi=
> on of readline.

I don't think so.  The configure script checks for readline/readline.h
*first*.  And it will include -lcurses if needed to link readline.

Given that there is no one else reporting such problems on Linux,
I think there's something pretty broken about your local configuration.
Beyond the obvious "did you install readline-devel too?", I can't help
without more details.

            regards, tom lane