Re: Implementing SQL/PSM for PG 8.2 - debugger - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hannu Krosing
Subject Re: Implementing SQL/PSM for PG 8.2 - debugger
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On K, 2005-06-29 at 08:00 -0400, Dave Cramer wrote:
> This is an interesting suggestion, particularly the addition of
> additional connections for management
>
> However it does require all clients rewrite (yet again ) their
> connection code.
>
> My reasoning for suggesting a separate port for debugging are:

I'm not objecting to the idea of a separate "port", just suggesting one
way to connect to that port using clients that are aware of the new PGEP
protocol.

the old ones can continue to work as they are.

--
Hannu Krosing <hannu@skype.net>