Re: Performance Tuning Article - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Karim Nassar
Subject Re: Performance Tuning Article
List pgsql-performance
On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 09:52 -0500, Frank Wiles wrote:
>  I've put together a short article and posted it online regarding
>   performance tuning PostgreSQL in general.

Nice work! Some minor issues I saw:

* section "Understanding the process", para 5:

"Now that PostgreSQL has a plan of what it believes to be the best way
to retrieve the hardware it is time to actually get it."

Do you mean "retrieve the data" instead of "retrieve the hardware"?

* Perhaps some examples under "Disk Configuration"?

* section "Database Design and Layout", after new table layout:

"Take for example the employee table above. Your probably only display
active employees throughout the majority of the application..."

Do you mean "You're probably only displaying"?

HTH,
--
Karim Nassar <karim.nassar@acm.org>