Re: COPY fast parse patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: COPY fast parse patch
List pgsql-patches
On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 00:53 -0400, Alon Goldshuv wrote:
> My thoughts were -- see how the responses are, and if people think
> that this is a better way to go than replace the COPY parsing logic to
> the new one.

If the new approach to parsing can handle all the cases that the old
approach can handle (WRT CSV, binary, encoding conversion and the like)
and is faster to boot, I don't see a reason not to replace the current
approach with something derived from your patch.

-Neil