Re: [Solved] Corrupt indexes on slave when using pg_bulkload on master - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [Solved] Corrupt indexes on slave when using pg_bulkload on master
Date
List pgsql-general
James Cowell <jcowell@btinternet.com> writes:
> I enabled archive mode (which I didn't care about before as the database only holds 36 hours of data) and the indexes
seemto replicate over fine.� I suppose the problem here is lack of documentation, but at least the code is well
commented:)

> It looks like pg_bulkload works just fine with replication so long as it's set up right.

Hm.  I had thought we had interlocks in there to prevent turning on
replication unless the WAL level was sufficiently high.  It sounds like
you managed to dodge that sanity check.  Could you be more specific about
what your replication configuration looks like?

            regards, tom lane