Re: Postgres in government - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Postgres in government
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 15:10, Mark Harrison wrote:
> > Sadly, lots of people in positions of power still want scape goats,
> > rather than proven results.
>
> No, it could be that the OP's organization is looking for some proof
> of postgresql's results.

That's a bit out of context.  The message I was responding to was the
one talking about having someone to sue, which is pure fiction, as all
commercial software licenses make it pretty clear that the most you're
gonna get is your money back.

Please leave a little more context next time, as it looked from your
response that my response was to the OP, which it most certainly was
not.

> > Most surely.  It's common when people with business degrees but poor
> > understanding of the scientific method get involved.
>
> As opposed to people with science degrees but poor understanding
> of business methods? :-)

I'd say either one is a recipe for disaster, eh?  :)