Re: Woops! New May quote/poll? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Woops! New May quote/poll?
Date
List pgsql-www
On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 12:23, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Robert,
>
> > Anyone got a new quote or poll for may?
>
> How about the Software Patent survey?
>
> =====================
> Should the PostgreSQL Community make a statement against software patents on
> our web site?
>
> [] No, we're not political
> [] Yes, but low-key
> [] Yes, as big as possible
> =====================

I can't help but think that question is biased since it is pre-supposes
that one should be against software patents.

What type of stand do you, as a PostgreSQL community member, feel
PostgreSQL should take on the introduction of an American style patent
system into Europe?

[] For it
[] Against it
[] This is a legal/political issue, and we should stay out of it

> Alternately:
> =====================
> What continent do you have PostgreSQL servers on?
>
> [] Europe
> [] Asia
> [] North America
> [] South America
> [] Australia/Oceania
> [] Several of the above

IIRC we can't do multiple choice polls yet right? If we could this would
be a good one.

Another alternative...

How many packages do you use regularly from the pgfoundry/gborg
development sites?

[] 0 - my employer wont allow non-core packages
[] 0
[] 1
[] 2 - 5
[] 5 - 10