Re: delta relations in AFTER triggers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: delta relations in AFTER triggers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@gmail.com> writes:
> On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 7:14 PM, Thomas Munro
> <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> my only other comment would be a bikeshed issue:
>> Enr isn't a great name for a struct.

> I know, but EphemeralNamedRelation starts to get kinda long,
> especially when making the normal sorts of concatenations.  I
> started making the change and balked when I saw things like
> EphemeralNamedRelationMetadataData and a function named
> EphemeralNamedRelationMetadataGetTupDesc() in place of
> EnrmdGetTupDesc().  A 40 character function name make for a lot of
> line-wrapping to stay within pgindent limits.  Any suggestions?

I would vote for calling the struct typedef EphemeralNamedRelation and
using the abbreviation ENR (capitalized that way, not as Enr) in related
function names, where that seemed sensible.  I really do *not* like
"Enr" as a global name.