Re: Filesystem options for storing pg_data - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Filesystem options for storing pg_data
List pgsql-general
Whoa, hold on.  My original post was this:

QUOTE:

Generally XFS and JFS are considered superior to ext2/3.

ext3, in my experience, isn't much slower than ext2.  Plus the decreased
time required to bring up a server after a power outage is worth
something too.

Having used ext3 quite a bit, I'd say it's fairly stable and reliable,
but I have seen references here to know, possibly unfixable bugs.

I've used XFS a few years back, and there was no great gain for what we
were doing at the time, as we were CPU, not I/O bound.

ENDQUOTE:

So where do you get off saying I'm such a big fan of XFS and am trashing ext3.

You do the research, I'm tired of trying to have a civilized conversation with you.

If you wanna argue, go pay someone a quarter to do it, I'm done.