Re: prepared statements don't log arguments?

From: Simon Riggs
Subject: Re: prepared statements don't log arguments?
Date: ,
List: pgsql-hackers

Tree view

prepared statements don't log arguments?  (Palle Girgensohn, )
 Re: prepared statements don't log arguments?  (Greg Stark, )
  Re: prepared statements don't log arguments?  (Christopher Kings-Lynne, )
   Re: prepared statements don't log arguments?  (Neil Conway, )
    Re: prepared statements don't log arguments?  (Abhijit Menon-Sen, )
    Re: prepared statements don't log arguments?  (Alvaro Herrera, )
    Re: prepared statements don't log arguments?  (Oliver Jowett, )
     Re: prepared statements don't log arguments?  (Neil Conway, )
     Re: prepared statements don't log arguments?  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: prepared statements don't log arguments?  (Oliver Jowett, )
   Re: prepared statements don't log arguments?  (Palle Girgensohn, )
 Re: prepared statements don't log arguments?  (Simon Riggs, )

On Sun, 2005-04-10 at 17:54 +1200, Oliver Jowett wrote:
> Simon Riggs wrote:
>
> > I've got a patch to submit that logs the EXEC phase, so you get just the
> > SQL, not the parameters. [...]

Just testing against cvstip and wrapping now...

> I assume this replaces the current logging on Parse to avoid duplicate
> logging?

Well, I'm open to discussion, but that isn't what the patch does.

My thinking was to add functionality, not take it away. We currently
support V2 and V3 connections, so we need to continue to log V2
statements as well as V3 exec phase.

> What happens on syntax errors? It's useful to log the statement that
> failed, but you will need some trickery there since if the Parse logging
> goes away, we won't have logged anything at the point the error is
> generated.

Well, those are problems I've not had to solve.

Best Regards, Simon Riggs