Re: Casting to varchar - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Casting to varchar
Date
List pgsql-general
Michael Glaesemann <grzm@seespotcode.net> writes:
> On May 4, 2007, at 15:34 , Scott Ribe wrote:
>> Are there any other standard types that can't be cast
>> to varchar?

> You already got an answer to the first part of your question, but I
> thought you might be interested in the second as well.

Note that there's a proposal to allow explicit casts to text from any
type (by invoking the appropriate I/O function behind the scenes) and
I imagine we'd allow casts to varchar as well.  Not sure if this will
happen for 8.3, although it still could.

            regards, tom lane