Re: Pgsql 8.0 on Win32 Production env. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Pgsql 8.0 on Win32 Production env.
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 10:31, fabrizio ravazzini wrote:
> Hello all, I have to build a web application and for
> this  I have to use one of my client's Windows32
> server or workstation.
> Is postgresql 8.0 native suitable for a production
> environment?
> Thanks for any advice.
> Fabri

That really depends on what you mean by production.  Are you gonna
handle a workgroup of 10 or 15 people doing a phonebook type
application, or are you going to handle 250,000 transactions a day in a
reservation system?

For certain values of production environment, pgsql on windows is
probably fine.  But until YOU test it under your own load, you won't
really know, and neither will we.