Re: PostgreSQL support - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: PostgreSQL support
List pgsql-general
Hi Jed,

On Wed, 2005-03-23 at 04:25 -0700, Walker, Jed S wrote:
> I am an experienced Oracle DBA and I am now working on building a PostgreSQL
> database for a project. Part of the lure for this was the no-cost licensing
> as we'll possibly be putting instances of this new system into many local
> sites. At this time we are planning to build little logic into the database.
> I will initially do hot backups on it, and will likely want to create a
> standby cluster (using WAL logs) for high availability.
>
> I'd like to know your opinions on support for PostgreSQL.
> 1. Do you think I should purchase commercial support (at least for the
> initial development and release)?
> 2. Do you have recommendations on what companies are good and a good value?
> 3. Opinions on pay-per-incident vs. support agreements (am I likely to have
> many issues I'll need support on - see my intro)?
> 4. Any other tips you can give me on having support for this project?

2ndQuadrant would be interested in supporting your use of hot backups
and standby clustering. We offer services and support specifically aimed
at your needs in that area.

I can discuss contractual arrangements with you, if interested.

Best Regards, Simon Riggs
http://www.2ndquadrant.com/postgresql.html