Re: is it a bug ? - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Markus Bertheau
Subject Re: is it a bug ?
Date
List pgsql-patches
У Чтв, 2005-03-03 у 04:38 -0500, Tom Lane пише:
> Zouari Fourat <fourat@gmail.com> writes:
> > here's what logs contain :
> > ATTENTION:  Laisse de ct les caractres UTF-8 inconvertibles 0xc389
> > ATTENTION:  Laisse de ct les caractres UTF-8 inconvertibles 0xf474e9
> > ATTENTION:  Laisse de ct les caractres UTF-8 inconvertibles 0xf474e9
> > ATTENTION:  Laisse de ct les caractres UTF-8 inconvertibles 0xf474e9
> > ATTENTION:  Laisse de ct les caractres UTF-8 inconvertibles 0xf474e9
> > PANIQUE:  ERRORDATA_STACK_SIZE exceeded
>
> [ been expecting someone who knows more than me to step forward, but
> ... ]  What I think is happening here is that PG is expecting the
> translated messages in your .po files to have the same encoding as
> your database encoding, but they aren't.  Can you convert the .po
> files to match your preferred encoding?

Usually gettext handles this for you. And in fact, postgres.mo for
russian is encoded in KOI8-R and messages from the server are displayed
correctly UTF-8 database sessions under a UTF-8 locale.

Markus

--
Markus Bertheau <twanger@bluetwanger.de>

Attachment