Re: call me when you finally get the CDs - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: call me when you finally get the CDs
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 10:10, Robert Bernier wrote:
> Hello Micheal,
>
> On February 28, 2005 03:39 am, you wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, 22. Februar 2005 15:47 schrieben Sie:
> > > I'll give you a run down on what's on it and the features you can
> > > profile.
<snip>
> - will become network aware if connected through a nic (not wireless)

Just this weekend I happened to be playing with my copy from last years
OSCon on a machine that only had a wireless nic on it.  The source for
the nic drivers was compiled and kept on a hard drive so when I booted
the cd I could mount the hard drive and then load the nic modules into
the kernel and have network access.  If you really need wifi access,
something similar could probably be done with a usb drive.

Robert Treat