Re: Can we please refuse mail to the list from list addresses? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Can we please refuse mail to the list from list addresses?
Date
List pgsql-www
>  * If you are not subscribed it never makes it to the moderator.

I don't think that's acceptable at all --- we'd be pretty much closing
ourselves off from the outside world.  It's particularly not acceptable
for pgsql-bugs.

>  * If you send email to an invalid user/alias multiple times within a
> particular threshold your ip is banned automatically for 30 days

That might be a good idea, though my own experience is that the spambot
hordes are now large enough that they can avoid spamming you very often
from the same IP.
        regards, tom lane