Re: WIP: pl/pgsql cleanup - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: WIP: pl/pgsql cleanup
List pgsql-patches
> Congratulations, you just reinvented the scheme we used before 8.0.
> It's *not* an improvement.  The dot-dot business is better.

Right -- but it's not very good either, and I was trying to find a
proper solution. For now I've given up and reverted the code to use the
dot-dot technique.

> > Yes, that's a good point. I'll change the patch to just elide the
> > previous entry from the stack of callbacks, which is going to be
> > plpgsql_compile_error_callback (unfortunately we can't actually verify
> > that, AFAICS, since that callback is private to pl_comp.c)
>
> IMHO verifying that is well worth an extern.

Attached is a revised patch that incorporates your suggestions. Sorry
for the delay in posting this.

Barring any further objections, I'll commit this to HEAD tomorrow.

-Neil

Attachment