Re: Changing behavior of BEGIN...sleep...do something...COMMIT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Changing behavior of BEGIN...sleep...do something...COMMIT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Olleg Samojlov <olleg@jane.telecom.mipt.ru> writes:
> As I can remember, already, when autocommit off transaction begin with
> first DML or DDL command. May be better change client to use autocommit
> off mode?

We've been waiting for those clients to get fixed for a long while.
Waiting for them to adopt autocommit-off seems about as hopeless as
waiting for them to postpone BEGIN :-(

Also, per other discussions, we are removing backend autocommit support
in 7.4.  It was the wrong way to do it.