Re: More stable query plans via more predictable column statistics - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: More stable query plans via more predictable column statistics
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Still, maybe we should try to sneak at least this much into
> 9.5 RSN, because I have to think this is going to help people with
> mostly-NULL (or mostly-really-wide) columns.

Please no.  We are trying to get to release, not destabilize things.

I think this is fine work for leisurely review and incorporation into
9.6.  It's not appropriate to rush it into 9.5 at the RC stage after
minimal review.