Re: SELECT returning too many rows (?) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From rob
Subject Re: SELECT returning too many rows (?)
List pgsql-bugs
> If you have the time, it would be interesting to dump out the rows with
> pg_filedump (see http://sources.redhat.com/rhdb/).  I usually use
> "pg_filedump -i -f" to get the most useful display.  Looks like you need
> to dump pages 3, 5, and 7 of that table to see all three rows.

I have the results however they wrap rather badly when pasted into an
email. I can provide them on request.

I noted in the log an entry from the vacuum that night :

2005-02-08 01:32:36 [17212] WARNING:  index "q_certs_pkey" contains 235
row versions, but table contains 233 row versions
HINT:  Rebuild the index with REINDEX.

Doing so failed with a 'duplicated values' error. Instead I have had to
remove two of the dupe rows as time is pressing on.

Thanks anyway.

Regards,

--=20
Rob Fielding
rob@dsvr.net

www.dsvr.co.uk                                             Development
Designer Servers                                    Business Serve Plc

    "I don't pretend to understand Brannigans Law. I merely enforce it"
        - Zapp Brannigan