Re: Code of Conduct plan - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Code of Conduct plan
Date
List pgsql-general
> On 2018-Jun-05, Gavin Flower wrote:
>> If we are all adults, then we don't need a CoC.

> "We're all adults" is wishful thinking.  Some old people are just kids
> who aged but didn't actually mature.

I'm sure we'd all be ecstatic if the CoC committee never actually has
anything to do.  The point of this exercise is to make new people ---
particularly women and others who have often felt disadvantaged in
technical communities --- feel safe and welcome here.

Also: we *have* had cases where women who had been contributors left
because of harassment, and I'd like to ensure that doesn't happen again.

            regards, tom lane