Re: Removing a user's password - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Rodolfo J. Paiz
Subject Re: Removing a user's password
Date
List pgsql-novice
> "Rodolfo J. Paiz" <rpaiz@simpaticus.com> writes:
> > I have learned how to ALTER USER to both set a password and change a
> > password. However, I can't seem to *remove* a password.
>
> AFAIR this isn't supported directly.  You can get the effect in two ways
> though:

Just about what I wanted to know, thanks! The hacker's solution will do
for today. In the future, I'm simply going to use user passwords on the
production server and put my personal notebook's postmaster on "trust".

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz@simpaticus.com>