Re: Pervasive PostgreSQL Announcement - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Pervasive PostgreSQL Announcement
Re: Pervasive PostgreSQL Announcement  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 23:16 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > Josh Berkus wrote:
> > > By now, you may have seen the news announcement around Pervasive
> > > starting a supported version of PostgreSQL.
> > > http://www.pervasivepostgres.com/
> >
> > I think they should start by deciding on a spelling of their (and our)
> > product.
> >
> > And then they should stop marking it as a trademark.
>
> I assume "Pervasive Postgres" is their trademark, not just "Postgres".
> That seems OK to me, no?

I'm not sure...if they called their site Pervasive Red Hat or Pervasive
Software Research America or Pervasive 2nd Quadrant, we'd all agree that
it was wrong.

That looks like clear infringement to me to claim that they ever could
have a trademark on the phrase "pervasive postgres"...

--
Best Regards, Simon Riggs