Re: MySQL 5 comparison - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: MySQL 5 comparison
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
What caught my eye is the "strict mode". I wonder if they are going to
start promoting the reporting of errors? Right now MySQL seems to have
the philosophy that "if the input is wrong, it is better to do something
than nothing" (e.g. inserting Feb 31st into a date field).

Perhaps they're trying to change that philosophy slowly with this strict
mode?

Regards,
    Jeff Davis