Re: "current" interactive docs busted - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: "current" interactive docs busted
Date
List pgsql-www
On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 07:41, Robert Bernier wrote:
> On January 5, 2005 04:36 am, Justin Clift wrote:
> > Dave Page wrote:
> > <snip>
> >
> > > For the record, including dev docs should be easy enough, but I would be
> > > inclined to only have a static version. The 'current' version would have
> > > to be hard coded of course...
> >
> >  From a "just had an idea" point of view, if the dev docs allowed
> > comments, it might make for an interesting way of getting people to
> > review and contribute to them prior to each official release.

Would the idea make sense when we're not in release mode? I mean Dave
had loaded the docs included with RC1, but once 8.0 goes out this would
mean loading docs that would have to be built from cvs every day (or
maybe even more often than that). I see issues with page names and
content changing during development that make me unsure how useful this
would be in practice.

Robert Treat