Re: Looking for new Weekly News editor - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Looking for new Weekly News editor
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 23:23 -0500, Christopher Browne wrote:
> In an attempt to throw the authorities off his trail, josh@agliodbs.com (Josh Berkus) transmitted:
> > Robert,
> >
> >> Someone reminded me that I told them I was going to send this email
> >> when RC1 was released, so given that RC3 is about to come out I
> >> suppose I am overdue. I am planning to stop writing the weekly news
> >> soon after 8.0 goes out the door, so I'm hoping someone will come
> >> forward to take over between now and then.  The idea is for me to
> >> finish covering the 8.0 release (so probably keep going through end
> >> of January looking at the current schedule), and having the next
> >> person start up with the 8.1 development cycle.  If you're
> >> interested please drop me an email and we can work out the details.
> >
> > I could split this duty with someone.  I can't do it 100% myself,
> > though.  If you have other volunteers, I'd be happy to do it 50/50.
> >
> > BTW, what ever happened to archiving the weekly news to the web site?
>
> I was thinking similarly.  If this were to be "distributed," it would
> probably make sense to try to automate some of the data collection
> process so that it wouldn't take a whole lot of "formatting" work to
> do it repeatedly.

I wouldn't volunteer to edit the whole of weekly news, but I would like
to offer to write a short Developer's Column each week - as one part of
the whole news bulletin. I started this about the same time last year,
but the overlap with Robert's work was too great.

I wouldn't mind doing that a day earlier than the other things, to allow
the editor-of-the-week to bring it all together...

--
Best Regards, Simon Riggs