Re: Low Performance for big hospital server .. - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From amrit@health2.moph.go.th
Subject Re: Low Performance for big hospital server ..
Date
List pgsql-performance
Today is the first official day of this weeks and the system run better in
serveral points but there are still some points that need to be corrected. Some
queries or some tables are very slow. I think the queries inside the programe
need to be rewrite.
Now I put the sort mem to a little bit bigger:
sort mem = 16384       increase  the sort mem makes no effect on the slow point
eventhough there is little connnection.
shared_buffers = 27853
effective cache = 120000

I will put more ram but someone said RH 9.0 had poor recognition on the Ram
above 4 Gb?
Should I close the hyperthreading ? Would it make any differnce between open and
close the hyperthreading?
Thanks for any comment
Amrit
Thailand