Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Oh. I executed maintainer-clean inside src/backend/parser/, and thus didn't
> see it getting cleaned up.

> It seems pretty darn grotty that src/backend/parser/Makefile explicitly states
> that gram.c ... aren't cleaned "here", but then src/backend/Makefile does
> clean them up.

I agree the factorization of this ain't great.  I'd think about improving
it, were it not that we're trying to get rid of it.

(But with meson, the whole idea of building or cleaning just part of the
tree is out the window anyway, no?)