createlang plperl fails with 8.0 beta5

From: Joachim Zobel
Subject: createlang plperl fails with 8.0 beta5
Date: ,
List: pgsql-general

Tree view

createlang plperl fails with 8.0 beta5  (Joachim Zobel, )
 Re: createlang plperl fails with 8.0 beta5  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: createlang plperl fails with 8.0 beta5  (Joachim Zobel, )
   Re: createlang plperl fails with 8.0 beta5  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: createlang plperl fails with 8.0 beta5  (Joachim Zobel, )

Hi.

If I try createlang plperl I get:

postgres@asus:~$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/createlang plperl shop
createlang: language installation failed: ERROR:  could not access file
"$libdir/plperl": No such file or directory

Checking my build dirs I find that no plperl.so has been build
(--with-perl was used in configure). Instead I find a libplperl.so in
the pgperl build directory.

Has plperl.so been renamed? Any hints on what is going wrong?

Thanks,
Joachim

--
"... ein Geschlecht erfinderischer Zwerge, die fuer alles gemietet werden
koennen."                            - Bertolt Brecht - Leben des Galilei