Re: patch: plpgsql - access records with rec.(expr) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Matt
Subject Re: patch: plpgsql - access records with rec.(expr)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> What about
>     for i in ...
>         ... new.(tg_argv[i]) ...

Ooof! <clutches chest, falls to ground groaning> Constants or digits or
nothing, then <gets up, dusts himself off>

> MHO: this is a really ugly wart on the language, and it does not solve
> the problems people would want to solve.  It might solve *your* problem
> but that's not enough to justify a wart of this size.

<falls down again> But my warts are beautiful!

OK, fair enough. I had to try.

> We do need to do something about the fact that EXECUTE can't access
> plpgsql variables, though I'm afraid that fixing that is going to
> require a rather complete overhaul of plpgsql :-(.  But it needs one
> anyway.

Look forward to seeing it.

Matt