Re: [ANNOUNCE] == PostgreSQL Weekly News - August 26 2007 == - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] == PostgreSQL Weekly News - August 26 2007 ==
Date
Re: [ANNOUNCE] == PostgreSQL Weekly News - August 26 2007 ==  (Joseph S <jks@selectacast.net>)
List pgsql-general
Joseph S <jks@selectacast.net> writes:
>> Tom Lane committed:
>> - Restrict pg_relation_size to relation owner, pg_database_size to DB
>> owner, and pg_tablespace_size to superusers.  Perhaps we could
>> weaken the first case to just require SELECT privilege, but that
>> doesn't work for the other cases, so use ownership as the common
>> concept.
>>
> Is there going to be a way to turn this off easily?

No.  If you want to make an argument for weaker restrictions than these,
argue away, but security restrictions that can be "easily turned off"
are no security at all.

            regards, tom lane