Re: postgres 8.2.13 compatibility with RHEL 6.4 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: postgres 8.2.13 compatibility with RHEL 6.4
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Lekshmi Ts <lekshmi.ts@tcs.com> writes:
> We have tried installing postgres 8.2.13 in RHEL 6.4 server. But we
> couldnot create a database. Is this a compatibility issue?

No.

Probably the first question to ask is why you're trying to install
such an obsolete, long-out-of-support version of Postgres in the first
place --- and not even close to the last minor release thereof.  Whoever
thought that was a good choice of release to use needs re-education.
http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/

Having said that, though, 8.2 should certainly work on RHEL 5/6 era
platforms.  You either built it wrong, installed it wrong, or are
using it wrong.  There's quite insufficient data here to say exactly
what's wrong, though.

            regards, tom lane