Database Disappeared - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Roberts, Adam
Subject Database Disappeared
Date
Re: Database Disappeared  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
Some time ago (May 2004), we were making changes to a Postgresql server
to allow a host to connect (pg_hba.conf).  When we restarted the server,
and restarted the AOLserver process, there was only one table left. All
the ACS tables were gone.

As we were troubleshooting the problem, we found the last known good
dump (I pg_dump every four hours) was a month previous (sometime in
April), when we made a change to ttracker_tickets's table.

From that time in April up unitl we last had this problem, openacs
worked fine, but the dumps were missing all ACS related tables.

We have encountered this exact same problem again today.  Originally, we
thought it was due to a fault in our procedures in making the changes,
however, this time, no one was altering anything.  This appears to have
happened sans any human intervention.

The following is a link to the last post we had with this same problem:
http://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=185837

The following is a link to the post we made last friday about the
current problem:
http://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=206092

We thought that this might be an AOLserver problem, however, through our
investigation and comments from posts to the OpenACS board, we believe
this is an error with PostgresSQL.

We are hoping that someone might have some ideas or any experience with
this.  Thanks!!