Re: How to increase number of connections to 7.2.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: How to increase number of connections to 7.2.1
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 11:15, Edwin New wrote:
> I have tried changing the value of max_connections in
> Postgresql.conf.  It was commented out (as are all other entries
> except "tcpip_socket = true").  Setting it to any other value that the
> default 32 resulted in the server failing to restart.

Without knowing the error message you got, it's possible that you didn't
increase shared_buffers to correspond to the newly increased
max_connections. If you increase shared_buffers, then you're probably
exceeding the system SysV shared memory restrictions. See

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/kernel-resources.html#SYSVIPC

-Neil