Re: BUG #1286: indices not used after a pg_restore - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Federico Di Gregorio
Subject Re: BUG #1286: indices not used after a pg_restore
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> "PostgreSQL Bugs List" <pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org> writes:
> > After a pg_dump/pg_restore (using the tar format) queries that were usi=
ng=20
> > the indices don't use them anymore until the indices are dropped and=20
> > recreated. After that the indices are used the correct way.=20
>=20
> I do not believe that you remembered to ANALYZE after restore.

unfortunately for your belief, i remembered. :)

also, this problem can be replicated at will. i can send a dump that
exposes the problem if necessary but i'll need some time to purge
customers data and create a dump a can freely send.

--=20
Federico Di Gregorio                         http://people.initd.org/fog
Debian GNU/Linux Developer                                fog@debian.org
INIT.D Developer                                           fog@initd.org
  Debian. The best software from the best people [see above]
                                      -- brought to you by One Line Spam