Re: Forum.postgresql.org - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Forum.postgresql.org
Date
List pgsql-www
On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 08:50, John Hansen wrote:
> The forum is now functional for testing.
>
> http://forum.postgresql.org/
>
> Input appreciated.

Let me first say this looks pretty cool, and thanks for your efforts on
this John.

Ok, now for the grilling ;-)

Is it supposed to be read only? I went to post a reply but was told I
have to register, then went to try and register and registration was
disabled, so I'm not sure what your plan is for that, but I am thinking
the first patch should be that when an Administrator disables
registration the register buttons don't come up. Possibly patch #2
should be that, if you want it to be read only, the post reply buttons
could be turned off.  I was also curious how often the messages are
updated (they seemed pretty up to date) and how far back they go. Last
thing of note, we probably want to make a more formal banner on the top
and use the same css as the main site (better might be to just uses the
alexy/beta site's theme)

Robert Treat