Re: Platform FAQs - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Platform FAQs
Date
List pgsql-docs
> I would like to integrate the platform FAQs into the installation
> instructions, into a new section "Platform-specific Notes".  That way it
> would be more convenient both to find and to maintain that information.
> Comments?

IIRC, some of the platform FAQs contain some material that doesn't
really fit under installation instructions; will you also be adding
platform-specific notes in the regression test discussion and perhaps
other places?

I like the platform FAQ arrangement because it's simple to whip out
a new platform FAQ based on notes from a port developer.  It's also
easy for someone using a platform to find all the platform-specific
material they need to know.  I'm not sure that moving the info into
the already-massive SGML docs would really be a step forward.

            regards, tom lane