Re: Again!! locale per column for postgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Karel Zak
Subject Re: Again!! locale per column for postgreSQL
List pgsql-patches
On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 07:01 -0700, Mahmoud Taghizadeh wrote:
> Qustion: is this approach is suitable for solving the need for locale
> per column in PostgreSQL ?

> There is a function I attached to this mail. this function is similar
> to nls_sort.  this function is written by Karel Zak, I dont know if he
> had tried to submit this code or not.

I think good place for this function is in the PG's contrib tree. The
final solution for main tree have to be something different. I agree
with you that this function can be useful for multi-language databases.

Lates version is available at:
http://www.fi.muni.cz/~adelton/l10n/postgresql-nls-string/

    Karel

--