Re: a flyer and a poster - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: a flyer and a poster
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 11:27, Stefan Schumacher wrote:
>     After doing some advocacy stuff for NetBSD I thought it might be
> a good
> idea to do so for PostgreSQL too.
>
>     I created a A4 flyer and a A1 poster with LaTeX (in english),
> the sources
> and the compiled PDF-files can be found at [1].
> Both are still marked as draft and should be reviewed by someone with
> more knowledge of PostgreSQL and english, though I took most of the
> content from postgresql.org. The poster uses two pictures, the big
> elephant
> logo and a screenshot of psql(1), if someone has a better picture than
> the
> 2nd, please mail it to mee.
>
>     Since the poster still is a draft, both pictures are currently
> high
> compressed and of low quality, this will be fixed in the final
> version, of course.
>

> [1] http://www-e.uni-magdeburg.de/steschum/psql/

A couple of quick suggestions.

1) Never used different colors/fonts for "Postgre" & "SQL", it just
confuses people.

2) I think the poster is too "wordy".  You should probably try cutting
back to just bullet points rather than having paragraphs of text.

3) On the flyer, you need to put the name "PostgreSQL" somewhere on the
page so that folks know what the flyer is referring to. Also listing the
website, www.postgresql.org, might be a good idea.

Thats a good start, I'm sure others will chime in who do shows more
often like Josh and Peter.

Robert Treat