Re: BUG #5559: Full SSL verification fails when hostaddr provided - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #5559: Full SSL verification fails when hostaddr provided
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> I've never found a reason to use hostaddr, so I don't particularly care,
> but it doesn't seem right to break Kerberos auth if you were only given
> an IP address unless hostaddr's entire point is that it will prevent a
> DNS lookup from happening, ever.

Well, given your description we *can't* prevent Kerberos auth from doing
a synchronous reverse-DNS lookup.  So the question is why did that test
get put in, back in 2005?  I have no objection to removing it if that
doesn't lead to crashing, but ...

            regards, tom lane