Re: x86_64 configure problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From James William Pye
Subject Re: x86_64 configure problem
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 2004-09-11 at 14:05, Joe Conway wrote:
> Perhaps. The first error message seems clear enough to me, but if you
> want to send me the necessary distutils test, I can incorporate it. Any
> other opinions out there?

AC_MSG_CHECKING([for Python distutils module])
if "${PYTHON}" 2>&- -c 'import distutils'
then   AC_MSG_RESULT(yes)
else   AC_MSG_RESULT(no)   AC_MSG_ERROR([distutils module not found])
fi

That should work.

While I'm of the opinion that installations without distutils are
antiquated, I see no reason why we couldn't check for it anyways.
(Gaetano requested it so there would probably be others who would
appreciate it.)

--
Regards,       James William Pye