Re: PostgreSQL giving jitters to Skypak - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Steve Bergman
Subject Re: PostgreSQL giving jitters to Skypak
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Sat, 2004-09-04 at 16:03 -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Agreed ... the only concern I have is the way that they went about getting
> that help ... the whole 'pre-article' and all that ... the whole thing
> just has a feel of 'if I cry loud enough, someone might come along and fix
> it for me' ... its the public denounciation, followed by us rushing to his
> aid, that puts the hairs up on the back of my neck *shrug*

If they had come to the lists with their problems, not solved them, and
then denounced loudly, I'd agree.  In this case it sounds like a
consultant set it up, didn't do any tuning and left, and they were left
with something that wasn't working well for them and were frustrated,
and possibly angry.  Different situation, really.

Fortunately, they are getting assistance and hopefully they'll come away
happy and sing praises to the world. ;-)

What bothers me more is the idea of having an actively PostgreSQL-
hostile journalist at CXOToday.

-Steve Bergman