Re: BUG #8659: Broken dependencies on RHEL6 for 9.2.6 RPMs - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #8659: Broken dependencies on RHEL6 for 9.2.6 RPMs
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> What I'm asking for is the 9.2 postgresql packages to depend on a version
> of openssl that's present in 6.4. If the user is on 6.5, it will still
> match, and not be a problem.

> I don't know how it works in the RedHat world, but in debian that would
> just be a "depend on openssl version x.y.z or higher". I can't believe
> that's too hard.

The dependency in question is one that's auto-generated during the package
build, so the only way Devrim could change this is by downgrading the
package he builds against.

Having said that, though, I'm pretty confused as to what's happening.
The original complaint claimed that libssl.so.10 and libcrypto.so.10
weren't present, but I see those both on my current machine and in
a backup from a couple months ago (when I still had
openssl-1.0.0-27.el6_4.2.x86_64 installed).  So it's far from apparent
what it is that the PGDG RPM is depending on that wouldn't be there.

            regards, tom lane