Re: Guidlines for a PostgreSQL Speech/Tutorial - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Steve Bergman
Subject Re: Guidlines for a PostgreSQL Speech/Tutorial
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Sat, 2004-08-14 at 12:34 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:

> > > 4. Scary  topic for me is Object oriented part of PostgreSQL.

IMO, the best way to tackle a scary topic, especially if you are not in
a time crunch, is to come up with a toy project that makes use of that
feature and just sit down an work on it.  As it happens, I was getting
ready to do just that, since I have only a passing familiarity with with
pgsql's object relational features.  From what I do know about it, I
think it sounds scarier than it is.

I think that if you know your target audience, confidence in your
presentation will increase in proportion to your hands on experience.

If you have until January, that gives you plenty of time.

Hope this helps.

-Steve