Moving DB von Postgresql 7.3 to 7.4 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tobias Graf
Subject Moving DB von Postgresql 7.3 to 7.4
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hallo,

I've a quick question about a problem I have moving a database from V7.3
to V7.4.

I have an old database in version 7.3, unfortunately on my system
(Debian Sarge) the version 7.4 is installed, so the server will not
start. I downloaded V7.3 and compiled it, which worked fine, but when I
now start the server, I get the following message in the log:

PANIC:  The database cluster was initialized with HAVE_INT64_TIMESTAMP
        but the backend was compiled without HAVE_INT64_TIMESTAMP.
        It looks like you need to recompile or initdb.

I like to recompile with HAVE_INT64_TIMESTAMP, but I couldn't find out,
how to tell "./configure".

Best Regards,
Tobias