Re: PITR Redo Create Database fails - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: PITR Redo Create Database fails
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2004-07-08 at 20:14, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 06:33:56PM +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> > On Thu, 2004-07-08 at 16:19, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > > On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 02:58:01PM +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> > >
> > > The correct solution would be to emit a XLog record for CREATE
> > > DATABASE ...
> >
> > I'd prefer a formal approach, hence why I raised this.
>
> What do you mean by formal?  What's so informal about my approach?

We have miscommunicated...let me re-word this for clarity:

>>I agree with your suggestion that we should adopt a formal approach to
solving the problem, rather than just a quick-fix, as I suggested might
be an option. I've raised this to highlight the issue and encourage
other hackers to help solve this issue.<<

Best regards, Simon Riggs