Re: New PG14 server won't start with >2GB shared_buffers - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: New PG14 server won't start with >2GB shared_buffers
Date
List pgsql-admin
Chris Hoover <chrish@aweber.com> writes:
> I have a new server that has 1TB ram (not a typo).  I have been fighting with this evening to start up with a
shared_buffersetting over 2GB.  When the memory allocation  breaks 2GB, the database won’t start.  I’ve dropped it down
to500M to get the database online.  We’ve tried both SysV memory and mmap memory.

Are you running inside a VM, or cgroup, or something else that might
be imposing a memory limit?

            regards, tom lane