Re: Is Pg 7.0.x's Locking Mechanism BROKEN? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Is Pg 7.0.x's Locking Mechanism BROKEN?
Date
List pgsql-general
Fabrice Scemama <fabrice@scemama.org> writes:
> With 7.0.x versions, we've come across a problem, new for us:
> very often (2 or 3 times a day), there are on our Pg machine
> a dozen of 'update waiting', and our perl scripts are waiting
> too to begin a transaction.

Can you list exactly what *all* the backends are doing when this
happens?  It might help to run the postmaster with -d2 so that
the postmaster log contains a trace of all queries executed.

> - Am I the only one here to have such problems with 7.0.2?

Haven't seen any other such reports.

            regards, tom lane